Termites are a serious problem that can cause costly damage. Termites are often times difficult to see so it is important to know what to look for to help prevent serious termite problems. If you do have termites, we recommend that you hire a professional exterminator for termite removal. The five signs that you need termite removal are:
- Mud Tubes – Mud tubes are usually found on the exterior walls of your home and near the foundation. They are made from soil and droppings.
- Sounds – You will likely hear a clicking sound coming from inside your walls. The clicking sounds are either soldier termites hitting their head against the wood or worker termites biting the wood.
- Flying Termites – You will see termites flying to find mates. This is often the first sign of termites that homeowners will notice.
- Hollow Sounding – Termites eat wood from the inside out. If you knock on wood that has been damaged by termites, it will sound hollow.
- Wood Tunnels – Wood tunnels are difficult to see from the outside of the wood but if you are able to see them from a broken piece of wood, then it is a sure sign that you need termite removal.
These five signs are not the only indications of termite problems, but they are more common than other signs. If you notice any one of these five signs give us a call at Castle Exterminators. We are very experienced and knowledgeable in termite removal.