Ants are just fine to see outside, but no one wants to see them trailing across their kitchen counter. If you have found ants inside your home and want them to be gone fast, you should consider calling a professional for ant removal. A professional will be able to rid your home of ants much faster than any DIY remedy. Once you have made your ant removal appointment, there are a few things you can do to make the appointment faster and more effective. Here are six things you can do to prepare for ant removal:
- Remove all crumbs in the home. The best way to do this is to vacuum thoroughly.
- Be prepared to tell the exterminator all the places you have seen ants. This will help him/her properly rid your home of ants.
- Wipe down all counters and mop floors. You want to eliminate all food sources for the ants so that they are forced to eat the bait laid out by the exterminator.
- If you have pets, be sure to put their food in an airtight container when they are not eating.
- Once the bait is placed, do not kill any ants that you see. For the bait to be effective, you need the ants to take it back to their colony.
- Do not use cleaners near or around the bait stations. If you do, you run the risk of eliminating their pheromone trail that is leading the ants to the bait.